U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
The Department of Energy’s overarching mission is to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the United States; to promote scientific and technological innovation in support of that mission; and to ensure the environmental cleanup of the national nuclear weapons complex. The Department’s strategic goals to achieve the mission are designed to deliver results along five strategic themes:
- Energy Security: Promoting America’s energy security through reliable, clean, and affordable energy
- Nuclear Security: Ensuring America’s nuclear security
- Scientific Discovery and Innovation: Strengthening U.S. scientific discovery, economic competitiveness, and improving quality of life through innovations in science and technology
- Environmental Responsibility: Protecting the environment by providing a responsible resolution to the environmental legacy of nuclear weapons production
- Management Excellence: Enabling the mission through sound management
Within these themes there are sixteen strategic goals which are designed to help DOE successfully achieve its mission and vision.