Asia Pacific Clean Energy - Lana`i Addendum
Friday, September 3, 2010 on the Island of Lana`i
- The Lana`i Addendum will take place Friday, September 3, 2010 and will consist of a breakfast buffet, technical program, tour of the photovoltaic facility and the future wind site on Lana`i.
- The “Lana`i 100% Renewables” project is part of the Hawaii Clean Energy Initiative, a partnership with the State of Hawaii and the US Department of Energy.
- Lana`i developer Castle & Cooke Resorts, LLC has completed Hawaii’s largest single-site 1.2 MW solar farm.
- La Ola Solar Farm is a leading example of pioneering high-penetration grid-tied photovoltaics where new “Smart Grid” communications and controls are being employed and evaluated.
- Castle & Cooke Resorts, LLC and Sandia National Laboratories have organized the Lana`i Addendum opportunity to share La Ola’s technical accomplishments, the installation, daily operation, and future renewable energy plans.
- Register early (no fee); rooms and flights are limited.
$89 Tour Package includes:
- Breakfast buffet
- Morning presentations
- Private transportation for Solar & Wind tours
- Unlimited Island Transportation for the day
Friday, September 3 Tour Package Schedule:
|8:30 - 9:30 a.m.||Breakfast Buffet at Manele Bay|
|9:30 - 11:00 a.m.||Presentations|
- Welcome & La Ola Project Castle & Cooke
- Lana`i L.I.N.E. System Sandia
- Energy Storage for La Ola Sandia
|11:00 - 12:20 p.m.||La Ola Solar Farm Tour|
|12:20 - 2:00 p.m.||Wind Site Tour|
Make Tour Reservation
Reservations: Tour Package & Lodging with Four Seasons Resorts Lana`i (+1-800-321-4666)
Transportation: Oahu to Lana`i - Island Air (www.islandair.com)
Lana`i La Ola Solar Farm Facts
- 1.5MW DC Hawaii’s largest Solar Farm in service 12/19/2008
- 10 acres, 12 separate arrays, 7,000+ panels, tracker system
- 3,000MWhour production = 30% of Lanai’s daytime peak demand, 10% of Lanai’s annual demand
- 2,300 tons of carbon dioxide emissions eliminated annually = 5,000 barrels of oil or 237,000 gallons of gasoline
- $1M+ in payroll to Lana`i Residents: ~22 of 25 construction jobs were filled by Lana`i Residents